ROBERT PLARR MODEL
SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS FOR FIRE / WIND / HAIL / RAIN
UN-INSURABLE & 100% PREVENTABLE NATURAL DAMAGES
Approximately 600,000 homes are damaged by termites in the US each year
Homeowner’s Insurance typically does not cover termite damage or removal because it can usually be prevented through routine home maintenance and building with sustainable materials.
TERMITE treatments can cause contamination of the home and surrounding drinking water wells, plus will not protect against termites.
- Most home insurance claims in the US are [Fire] due to lightning or electrical issues.
- Smoke inhalation is the #1 reason for fire related deaths
- An average of 24,000 residential electrical fires are reported by U.S. fire departments annually
Mold / Fungus Damage
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Institute of Medicine of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, the World Health Organization and Health Canada all agree that living or working in a building with mold damage results in increased risk of respiratory disease.
“Molds can trigger asthma episodes in sensitive individuals with asthma.” ~ EPA
AIHA reports: “there are no accepted national or international standards for mold investigation, evaluation or remediation.”
HEALTHY, SUSTAINABLE & AFFORDABLE SOLUTIONS
DUCTLESS AIR SYSTEM
- An average central ac will use 3000 to 5000 watts of power for around 9 hours a day during the hotter months @ $0.07 – $0.10 per kWh.
- Indoor air pollutants are often 2X-5X higher than outdoor air levels air quality ranks as one of the top 5 environmental risks to public health.
- Smoke inhalation is the no.1 reason behind fire related household fires. LIGA only uses single unit systems which not only prevents common mold and fungus growth in duct systems but also quarantine the smoke from fires to one single room.
HYDROPONIC FOOD TOWERS
1.Plants grow in a soilless medium called rockwool.
2.The reservoir stores the plant nutrient solution.
3.The solution cascades down the Tower Garden, nourishing plants.
4.In a few weeks, plants are harvest‑ready!
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING MATERIALS
LIGA HOMES (R) are framed with cold form recycled steel because Wood Warps… Doors Jam… & Squeak!
Steel framing does not shear which can avoid cracks in walls and structural compromise.
Steel frames are up 25 X stronger than stick (wood) frames.(wind loads/storm resistant)
Lumber is heavy (increased shipping costs)
Lumber is wasteful (20% of all materials are discarded. (more shipping / dumping costs)
Steel is lightweight
-Speeding up framing times (3000sf erected in 3 days)
-Decreasing shipping costs
Rockwool / Stonewool Insulation
– FIRE PROOF
– ZERO WATER RETENTION
– SUPERIOR SOUND RESISTANCE
MODULAR BUILDING ADVANTAGE
Steel Framing: 3 days.
Exterior wall panels / Roof: 5 days (Using ‘boom lift’ only- No crane needed)
MORE ADVANTAGES TO MODULAR BUILDING
EPA states that 40% of the solid waste in the U.S. comes from home building sites – traditional, stick-built homes.
A 2,000-square-foot house = $1,400 in waste hauling costs, which go up as the size of the house increases.” ~Builders Magazine
The average new construction project yields 3.9 pounds of waste per square foot of building area. Example: A 50,000-square-foot building = 97.5 tons of waste. ~Building.com
8,000 pounds of waste material gets sent to the landfill when building a single 2,000 square foot stick-built home. ~National Association of Home Builders
On average, you can expect a modular home to cost about 15% less than the same floorplan built in a traditional manner. The reason for this is that building in a controlled factory environment eliminates most of the building waste and streamlining the assembly
Most builders pay a fee to have this waste hauled off to a municipal landfill usually priced at around $0.70sf.
MGO BUILDING PANELS
- Water Resistant
- Fire Resistant
- Mold, Fungus & Insect Resistant
- Very High Freeze / Thaw Stability
- No Organic Matters
- Grade 4 Finish
LITHIUM IRON POWERED
Lithium-iron is a newer version in the lithium battery family and packing just as much for less.